First we had lunch in Lyons
Deer!
On the trail
It was very empty, just just ran into several people on the whole hike, we asked a older couple to take a picture.
Awesome balancing
random bird nest
excited dan
off trail adventuring
stop at the stream to "hydrate"
on the way out, someone said there was over 200 elk
gas station in town
steph(r) and her friend electra(l) made us an yummy taco dinner when we got back
Very active trip, yesterday we went up to Longmont then biked a few miles to avery. I had a few friends over for monopoly, we fired up my fry daddy for fried mushrooms, yellow squash, and shrimp.
Awesome pic of the elk and mountains! I am going to save it to my laptop for a new desktop pic.
ReplyDeletedid you use the garage-sale snowshoes?? Looks like you had fun...
ReplyDeleteThank you for updating your blog Joe! Your photos are great.
ReplyDeletePs I also like that you took a picture of a birds nest in a hole in a tree. I knew we were related.
ReplyDeletem/j, glad you liked the pics!
ReplyDeleteBecky, I think they are still down at mary's. There is a shop up there that has free rentals if you buy something. We just got a few powerbars, worked out great.
I didn't mention, there was no one working the gate so we didnt even have to pay to get in the park :)