Friday, May 4, 2012

On my bike ride to work

I hit sand / dirt on a turn :( banged up my knee pretty bad. My friend came and picked me up to take me to the hospital.

No fractures, they think it is sprained. The pain was terrible. Resting/icing it now, much better. they said I'll be in the brace for a month.

The cement burned through my shoe/sock too. Luckily I had paper in my bag, helped pass the time haha




4 comments:

  1. Yikes Joe! This is exactly what Steph was talking about! You should have told the t-mobile lady that you didn't work at Estelle Lauder anymore! karma, karma, karma....hahaha...Glad you are ok! See you tomorrow probably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe, that knee looks awful! Is that the same knee that ran into the tree in Alpena?

    ReplyDelete
  3. no fun! Hope it feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always afraid of hitting sand/gravel on turns, and Carter always laughs at me and thinks I'm a wimp for braking and slowing down--now I can show him you really CAN fall on sand/gravel!!

    That knee looks nasty. Can you still walk around OK with the brace?

    ps the photos from your phone aren't posting well--remind me to show you how to fix that, my phone used to do that.

    ReplyDelete