First, I got a call at 9am that I won lunch for me and 15 friends at the Pumphouse Brewery in Longmont. A coworker and I stopped there last Friday after going to an open house for a new test lab (covidien supplier) and I dropped my business card in a fishbowl.
CO people - yes, you are invited if you can make it, I am thinking last Friday in Sept when my friends are coming in for my birthday / beerfest.
Next, Steph and I just got back from the farmer's market. Red Wagon(CSA Erica and I are in) had the best tomatoes out of anyone there. I bought a pound and asked if they would be in the share in the next few weeks. The guy said they did it last year and nobody liked them. I was like WTF!? haha. When we were walking away he pulled out a flat of "imperfects" and told me to take them all! It was very nice of them.
not very imperfect :)
Joe's cooking lesson of the day:
Updated: Have your girlfriend Chop garlic
Add basil, olive oil
Slice heirloom tomatoes, let sit for 5-10 minutes
Amazing with good bread or crackers!
yum yum yum yum yum!!!!!!!! Those are beautiful tomatoes!!!!! :o) Becky
ReplyDeleteI want lunch! And I want you to use your magic to get me some imperfect peaches.
ReplyDelete