Last week we were given a half day of work to volunteer. Our packaging team did yardwork at this place.
They gave us a tour of the house and their mission. They are a bridge between law enforcement, social services, families, and lawyers. They never pick a side, just try to provide a safe open environment for professionals to interview children victims of abuse.
Afterwards we had a big lunch gathering at the Gateway fun park in Boulder. Very good food from Pasta Jay's and they gave us tokens to gokart/batting cages. I even got to see Erica! she creeped me out and sent a text from random number(her work cell), "I can see you" haha
I still volunteer at CareConnect almost every week shopping for senior citizens. They love me because I can always find the hard items in grocery store(combination of my fine bagging experience in Alpena and packaging) They are having a event Sept 24th at Lefthand in Longmont, CO people should go!
those are irises, not weeds!!!!!! j/k. and yes, I am creepy.
ReplyDeletevery cool that you are helping the senior citizens. We need you here to help with grandpa!
ReplyDelete