I went to Crested Saturday morning with Steph and my friend Alissa. We started off with a trip to Coors so Steph could see her brother in Golden, had lunch at a awesome deli downtown after. The drive their was beautiful as always. I love Cottonwood pass, which is only open a few months a year. The big Colorado bike ride(see erica's post) went through it.
I got to disc golf the big mountain course, I have been wanting to do it for years. You can hike or take the lift up, I opted for the lift. Jessie met us up top with her dog, no dogs on lifts :(
They have bench overlooking the city, we went up at sunset for a beer. Favorite quote from Alissa, "I never realized how small CB is" (CB is roughly 6 x 9 city blocks). It was cold, 30/40's!
We did a day hike to a nearby lake, went up a old mining road. Maybe saw 6 people at the most the whole hike. Wild strawberries were hiding all around, Jessie was always quick to point them out.
So pretty, we were the only ones at the lake for almost 2 hours. Alissa brought her fishing stuff but we didnt get anything.
It looks really pretty there.
ReplyDelete