Monday, September 12, 2011

Rockies / Greek Festival

Steph's friend picked up $4 rockpile tickets a few weeks ago. Took the bus to the game Saturday afternoon. It was super hot in the sun, we tried to sneak any spots with shade the whole time.

Our view



Very sunny!

The redheads

A guy in our group knew a bartender downtown at this place called Crocs. Probably had a $100 tab for $40 after the game!


There is a greek festival at the church by my work, I wanted to go the past two years but was alway out of town. We went Sunday for lunch, got to sample all the yummy bakery goods, had a big lunch then very strong greek coffee(steph had a frappe). Very fitting since Steph is leaving for Greece/Italy on Wednesday for two weeks. She has lots of packing to do tomorrow so I am taking her out to sushi tonight.

Fried cheese! We didnt really know what it was when steph ordered it haha. They fry cheese with lots of oil then add brandy. Served on a pita.You yell OPA when it flames up.

sagonaki

Our meals, the gyros were AMAZING. There were traditional greek dances going on the whole time to watch when we ate. I wanted the lamb shank but it was $$$, looked good also.

Kinda blurry, I need a new camera - dark chocolate baklava truffle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment