Monday, January 23, 2012

I won!

Some of you have heard about this, I played in all day MSU Rocky Mtn alumni euchre tourney on Saturday and ended up winning the whole thing! Roughly 40 people were playing. You didn’t have a partner, just add you points from each game(not to ten pts, each played deals twice). Funny part was at the beginning they said if you called a loner and lost then you had to drink “das boot”, this huge boot with a few beers in it. Well that happened to me 5 minutes later. I got terrible cards the first half of the day but somehow got in the winner’s bracket. I killed it on the final round, had a few loners, good partners etc.

No one really knew anyone else which was cool. Held at this fancy office downtown Denver with amazing views of the mtns. In typically Spartan fashion, they had two nice (mini) kegs, which were killed in about an hour haha. Someone went out and got a 1/2bbl of Coors Lt, Mom’s favorite. Steph gave me a ride to/from, I had my work holiday party directly after the tourney, I changed into my suit in the car, we barely made it without being late! Erica drove Steph and I back home to Boulder after the work party. Complex series of designated drivers haha

I’ll post pics later, I won a nice MSU CO shirt and $150. Mom asked how I did it, I credit Gpa Hubicz :)

From the work party:


5 comments:

  1. Grandpa Hubicz and Grandma Christensen will be proud! I am too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like quite the fun time... :o) Becky

    word verification: sessemi, as in "Open, Sessami" ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprise, joe won something! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All in all, I think these are the best comments to any blog post in the history of blog posting. They are all very true and all reflect each person. Good post, Joe, and good commenting, family!

    ReplyDelete