Friday, January 27, 2012

Snowshoeing Day Off

I decided to take a day off and head to Rocky Mountain National Park to snowshoe. Steph and I went to Snooze for breakfast(myfirsttime), I had the corned beef hash, good energy food haha. Steph had to go to work, I made my way up to Estes. It was almost 60 in Boulder, around 40 in Estes, then about 30deg once I got to the trailhead.

I started at Bear Lake then went to Bierstadt Lake, I did some small side trails too, about 5 miles total.

One of the first amazing views
 About 40inch base!

 I made it, Bierstadt Lake! It looked like a storm was coming, turned out to be nothing.
 Other view
 Weird moss growing everywhere. What is it Amy?
 Almost back
 On a typical Saturday the parking lot is filled to the very back, they even run shuttles. It was nice to have the trails empty.

Of course I ended the day with a beer & happy hour $1.50 jamalaya at Oscar Blues in Lyons.


1 comment: