Monday, February 27, 2012

Stuffed Cabbage

I have been trying to make Grandma Hubicz' recipes lately ever since putting together the cookbook. Yesterday was stuffed cabbage. Unfortunately her recipe was hard to read and had no real directions haha, so I had to call Mom.

Core the cabbage

 1 Onion, 2 stalks of celery, and bell pepper(I had one going bad, I figured it wouldnt hurt)
 1.5# beef, 3/4c brown rice. I slightly undercooked both so they would cook in the oven. 15oz can of tomato sauce on bottom on pan.
 Super easy to roll. The middle leaves were still crunchy so I microwaved it for a few minutes.
 Ready for the oven. I had a little too much sauce.
 All done!
Pretty easy to make, mostly all prep work.

4 comments:

  1. This looks great I'm gonna have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. galumkes! We used to make these all the time! Yours look delicious! :o) Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cheater way to make these is to chop up the cabbage and mix all the ingredients together...cook as a one-dish meal...tastes the same without all the prep work! (Another perk is that I don't have to cut up the kids' galumpkes...I just scoop it on their plates and they can dig in right away. Not as pretty, but easy!)

    ReplyDelete