Monday, July 30, 2012

Knee Surgery

Everything went well today with the surgery. I walked to the hospital around 9:30(nice living 2 blocks away!), surgery was at 11, then I was out by 2. They did a scope, fixed my meniscus then cleaned out cartilage around the knee. 

Steph got out of work early to come pick me up. I was able to walk out of the hospital, won't need crutches(ok to put weight on it). I borrowed knee icing pad from a coworker that circulates cold water, it works really well. They gave me  few pictures from the scope but the doctor already left when I woke up and the nurses didn't really know how to read them so I have to call back tomorrow to get the full details of the repair.

In preparation of the surgery I rented a bunch of movies/books from the library, made kale/chorizo soup  yesterday - we had a overflow of kale in the garden.


Before

After: they shaved the whole area then coated me in iodine.




2 comments:

  1. I don't really understand the pictures, but they are gross! Hahah

    Glad you can walk ok! Let us know if you need anything between now and Friday (when we're going camping!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we were thinking of you Joe! (still are!) have a good recovery :o) Becky

    ReplyDelete